Pages

Monday, May 20, 2019

An note expanded from earlier on privilege.


Many white people are confronted and confused by the idea because while we may have not been willingly active parts, we have benefited. Funny enough, most of these benefits are things people feel justly deserved. I should be rewarded for my work. I will be treated like a person. Banks will give me a loan. The cops approach and treat me as a neighborhood officer. I have clean water. I can breathe.
There is no harm in realizing this privilege. The problem comes when you don't believe everyone is worthy of it. It's not that complicated. We stand for what we believe is best for us and that is for all people. Recall what the hell that is and it's raising our children well. Not my child and your child but our children. We wish for them to have peace and the ability to have a meaningful life. We are human so we'll fuck a bunch of stuff up along the way but if we look toward a principled understanding that we are all we got. Either science is wrong and we are a deified creation wholly unique, or science is right and we ain't found much and seen almost to the beginning of the universe. This includes the world around us. We know we are capable of doing it.

Here's some pictures because I like them and following the news makes me sad and upset.
That's a growing dude holding a funky thing I made for my neighbor whose dog died and she was really sad.
The next picture is something I'm proud of. These dudes built this sweet table. I helped. The third thing is a video of the river.

















No comments: