Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

stability in the flux




The days have been ablaze with a passion for a new night but with no conviction for a direction... and the grownups are drunk kids again as the chorus of yesteryear rolls by as the cheap DJs dream becomes a reality for one more song... Dan finally got his own computer. He threw his ancient college contraption that had a power unit hanging out the top and groaned like an old car into the green monster.
-I had a tough time getting rid of the case. Four years worth of solid sticker collection rested on it. It had to be done. A crazy friend in my freshman dorm ordered the parts for it and we put it together on a Friday night. I was dying my hair cherry red while the geeks descended on the new machine like flies on shit. They aped around but failed to make it work. In a haze of decaying alcohol fumes, I pushed enough buttons to make it go when I fell out bed the following morning. No idea what I did but I did it anyway. Goodbye old friend...--
It cost me more credit debt but ain't that America. Break up with your girlfriend, get depressed, buy new stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is full of losing old friends as well significant others, but you just stick your chest out and turn your head to take a lick on the other cheek. You will find happiness only in the things/people who interest you the most! Take the negative energy in your life and change it into positive art in the hobby that interests you the most (metal or journalism). Ciao!

jannell said...

Dan--

Time for coffee or ice cream this week? I was thinking Monday or Wednesday... let me know what you think.

j.